Who Are We?
We are a group of parents who work with the school and community to help ensure Bankton Primary School children have a great educational experience.
The Current Team
Where and when do we meet?
The Parent Council meet approximately 5 times in a school session and meetings take place in the school staffroom from 1830 - 1930.
For the next meeting please contact the school office.
How Do I Join?
We are always looking for new members and new ideas. Everyone is welcome.
Simply come along to a meeting or contact the school office who can put you in touch with the chairperson.
What do we do?
- Meet with school management / staff discuss relevant school issues
- Raise funds
- Allocate the money we have raised
- Plan and organise seasonal parties / discos
- Take a role in school recruitment
- Approach local business to secure support for the school
Each year we organise one major fundraising event, in the past this has been the Christmas Fayre. The funds from this event are then used to support the school and the children.
What have we achieved so far?
In the past couple of years our funds have been used for:
- Halloween discos
- P7 leavers party
- Replacing school fencing
- Provided a Nursery Christmas magician
- Provided all school children with Bankton water bottles
- Contribute to the cost of P7 leaver hoodies
- New blinds in the Nursery
- PA system